Our client a new progressive business, is seeking to appoint a Financial Controller for their new offices in Cornwall. The successful accountancy executive will work closely with the Finance Manager, who is currently administering this function.
Ideally you will be a qualified accounting professional, ACA, ACA, CIMA, AAT but we will consider QBE.
The role is located in central Cornwall.
What work experience we are seeking to find:
• Preparation of accounts, 4 years Financial Controller plus experience.
• Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for operational management.
• Responsibility for all journals and final GL balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the businesses accounting records and financial systems.
• Production of statutory accounts for the firm and its various small subsidiary companies.
• Play a full part in providing relevant & timely financial information to the Main Board to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the business’s strategy and objectives.
• Budgets and forecasts.
• Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and continued monitoring & review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances to the Board and third party stakeholder’s financial management stakeholder reports and accounts.
• Effectively manage the working capital components of the Group with specific attention to stock, debtors and cash balances.
• Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for Savings.
• Overseeing monthly processing of payroll and payments to employees.
• Review and update, in line with good practice, the businesses internal control environment and produce a Controls and Procedures manual for review and adoption by management.
• To assist the Finance Manager in respect of periodic reports to the businesses Audit Committee explaining the processes adopted and undertaken by management to keep under regular review the effectiveness of internal controls covering financial, operational & compliance controls.
• Play an active role in assisting management in the risk assessment process and embedding a risk management culture throughout the organisation taxation.
• Support the Finance Manager with aspects of business development.
• Assist with Businesses taxation strategy.
• Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with.
• Assist the Finance Manager with business development tasks and contribute towards decisions.
CV2 — email@example.com
Telephone 01872 274227
Confidentiality is assured at all times.